Margaret Mead said, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” Please consider volunteering your valuable time and skills this year to benefit your student’s school.
Volunteer opportunities are available on a regular or one-time basis.
Examples of PTSA in action:
-providing connection between staff and parents;
– class liaison communication
– parent education through various guest- speakers at the PTSA meetings; – advocacy for our students and parents on various levels;
– teacher mini grants;
– store bonus fundraising programs;
– scholarships and achievement awards for students;
– All Night Grad celebration for the graduating class;
– school staff appreciation events;
– volunteering at the school library, clinic or office on the need basis.
– help with computers in ESOL classes” (Volunteers don’t need to be able to speak Spanish.)
– help teach English to ESOL parents. (Weekly or once a month)
To Volunteer please send an email to HerndonHSPTSA@gmail.com